Saturday May 27, 2023
Uganda Premier League
Maroons Vs BUL FC
BUL FC will be targeting to end this campaign on a positive note when they travel to Luzira prisons grounds for a Uganda premier league match with Maroons on Saturday.
The Eastern Giants at this hour lie eighth in the table, while the prison warders are in fifth with 40 points, one behind Arua Hill in fourth place.
BUL looked like winning their first game in thirteen matches on Tuesday, as they frustrated Vipers and also took charge of the game midway the second half but Bright Anukani scored a last minute penalty at FUFA technical centre for the Venoms to deny Simeon Masaba his first win at the club.
There is no getting away from the fact that it has largely been a low season for the Eastern Giants, who have won eight, drawn 11 and lost eight of their 27 league games to count 35 points, which is only enough for eighth position in the table going into the final fixtures of the season.
They finished fourth last season but this time, BUL can only finish as high as the seventh place if they win but can also drop as low as 10th with a defeat here if other results go against them.
BUL remain without the services of rocky defender Walter Ochora and midfielder Emmanuel Kalyowa due to injuries. But those are the only absentees for this match, with the rest of the players available and ready for selection.
It’s now or never for the Eastern Giants to win a game in the second round this season as this is the ultimate match of the campaign.
Coach Simeon Masaba is aware of the improvements the opposition side have made since losing to BUL in December and will employ a secret tactic that will give BUL the edge over Maroons who have proved to be very stubborn at home of recent.
“The boys have prepared well and ready for the encounter,” coach Masaba said.
“In the first leg, we beat Maroons 5-0 but we are not banking on that for this game because they have improved alot since that loss, and they are even ahead of us in terms of points.”
“But we are going to see how we handle them and get the positive results.”
Samuel Ssekamatte said;
“It’s yet another game for us on Saturday. it’s a big one as well.”
“Looking at where we have come from, there has been alot of improvement for the boys in the last five games.”
“I believe if we carry the same positive attitude we exhibited against Vipers to Maroons, and if we use the same character like in the previous games, we are going to get the win.”
“It’s long now ever since we last won and we are going to do our best to get the victory although it’s not going to be easy.”
“Having lost to us in the first round, they are coming to revenge but I believe the boys are prepared for the challenge.”
Head to Head
In the last seven years, the sides have clashed nine times, resulting into seven BUL wins and two for Maroons.
Last four encounters
October 1, 2019
BUL FC 2-0 Maroons
January 30, 2019
BUL FC 1-0 Maroons
October 30, 2018
Maroons 1-2 BUL FC
December 21, 2023
BUL FC 5-0 Maroons
- BUL have collected eleven points from 13 away matches as a result of two wins, five draws and six losses, scoring eleven goals and conceding thirteen in the process.
- Although the Eastern Giants have gone 13 league games without winning, they have lost once in their previous six matches, drawing in five and keeping clean sheets in two.
- The 1-0 win over Arua Hill in December remains the only victory for BUL away from home and the team has since lost four games and drawn three in their past seven trips.
- Of the 23 goals in the last nine games between the two teams, BUL have eighteen (18) to their account.
- It’s two wins for each team in the previous four BUL treks to the prison warders.
- From a possible 39 points, Maroons have picked 26 as a result of their seven wins, five draws and one loss in 13 home matches.
- In the process, they have also scored 18 goals and conceded eight, and standing out as one of the four sides with the best home record this campaign after losing only one game from Luzira.
- Since the 3-1 loss to Blacks Power in December, Maroons are unbeaten in nine matches at the prisons grounds, winning five and drawing four games there.
Follow the action through our social media channels for the minute to minute updates about the game.
Facebook: Bul Football Club – Jinja