Sunday 26th November 2023
Uganda Premier League
FUFA Technical Centre
BUL FC Vs Kitara FC
After the international break, the Eastern Giants return to action to face Kitara in a Uganda premier league titanic clash at FUFA technical centre in Njeru.
It is a battle between the first and the third as the most inform sides meet on Sunday. No one has bleached BUL at home this season, whilst Kitara has often refused to be bullied away from home. They have just been magnificent.
We began our campaign with six straight wins off Bright Stars, KCCA, Arua Hill, Maroons, SC Villa and URA FC.
But that run was halted by UPDF sixteen days ago as we fell 2-0 to the army side, our first loss this campaign.
There were still positives to take from the game however and we are keen to follow it up with unmatched fantastic performance this weekend. The visit of Kitara presents the opportunity to make the amends and consolidate our position at the top. It is 18 points for the Eastern Giants as a result of six wins and one defeat in seven matches.
Kitara, who are third on the table, come into the game with 16 points, two behind BUL. They have won five games, drawn one and lost one in seven outings.
Although both sides were unable to get maximum points in their last time out, BUL will be looking to win the match to put to bet the recent slip and launch another winning streak.
The last face-off between the teams was in May 2021as they settled for a two all draw. This will be their third meeting.
Midfield kingpin – Pascal Ngobi is still in the treatment room with an injury while Captain George Kasonko will also sit out the match due to suspension. The rest of the squad is well set for the clash and ready for contention.
While speaking ahead of the mouthwatering clash, Coach James Magala said,
“We have done our preparations very well and every player is in good condition. We have prepared them technically, tactically and mentally,” he said.
“We are aware that Kitara are third on the table and behind us by just two points. So we have to make sure we win tomorrow’s game. I know our fans will come in big numbers to give us support and the boys are ready to deliver the best.”
Striker Samuel Ssekamatte said,
“The loss against UPDF is now behind us. As players, we agreed not to lose any home game and I know that whatever we have done during our preparations for this game is aimed at getting victory tomorrow. We have made the corrections and I urge all our fans to come and support us.”
Head to Head
P2 W1 D1 L0
Just two league matches have been played between these teams, with BUL winning and drawing one apiece.
Previous two encounters
March 13, 2021
BUL FC 3-2 Kitara FC
May 12, 2021
Kitara FC 2-2 BUL FC
- BUL have won six of their past seven games, including all three home matches this season, scoring ten (10) goals and conceding four in the process with a count of 18 points collected.
- From the seven games, they have managed four clean sheets, against – Bright Stars, KCCA FC, Maroons and URA FC.
- Eight of BUL’s ten goals were scored in the first half, while two goals of the four conceded as of now came in the second half.
- They have failed to score in only one game this term – the 2-0 defeat at UPDF and it was the first time they conceded as many goals in a game.
- The Eastern Giants are unbeaten in the last two meetings with Kitara, winning one game and drawing the other, with five goals scored and four conceded across the matches.
- BUL is also unbeaten and the most inform home side in the division after picking a maximum of nine points in three games at FUFA Technical Centre without conceding. They have scored five goals during the run.
- Kitara, however, is also unbeaten and the most inform away team after collecting 10 points in four games. They have scored nine goals and conceded five on the road.
- This campaign, the visitors have won five games, drawn one and lost one to pick 16 points from seven matches.
- But they have failed to win their last two games – lost at home to Maroons at the start of the month before securing a two all draw at URA in Lugazi.
- They have kept one clean sheet so far – against UPDF midway of November.
- Just like BUL, Kitara have also failed to score in only one game – the 1-0 loss at Maroons.
- They have scored 13 goals since the season started, four in the first half and nine in the second half, with one coming in the 90th minute and three in the additional minutes after the regulation time.
- Of the seven goals conceded, four were let in during the first half of the matches.
William Oloya will take charge of the game from the center. Katenya Ronald and Masembe Isa will officiate as the first and second assistant referees respectively. Madanda Ronald will be the fourth official while Amin Bbosa will be the referee assessor.
Although the game will be televised, our social media channels will relay minute to minute text commentary during play time. A match report and highlights will follow shortly.
Facebook: Bul Football Club – Jinja
You Tube: BUL FC TV