Tuesday May 16, 2023
Uganda Premier League
KCCA Vs BUL FC
On Tuesday, BUL will travel to the capital to face title chasing KCCA in the penultimate away game of the Uganda premier league campaign.
The Eastern Giants come into the showdown on the back of a 0-0 draw at Arua Hill, while the hosts also fired blanks away to Express two days ago.
In the reverse fixture, BUL were denied the victory at FUFA technical centre by Julius Poloto’s late strike which cancelled out Vicent Zziwa’s first half goal for the Eastern Giants as the sides settled for a 1-1 draw in December.
They now meet at a moment where there is still everything to play for on both sides.
BUL is nolonger in the title discussion and still not in the battle for survival but a run of 11 games without a win is worth not a celebration.
It’s arguably a concern that Coach Simeon Masaba will try to arrest in a blink of an eye from this moment, and jostle to pick the first league win before the season ends.
For KCCA, it’s 46 points for them, same as leaders Vipers and third placed SC Villa after 25 rounds and all are left with three games to fight for the crown.
Meaning they need to pick up every point there is to pick to remain in the already tight title race that is even more hotter than ever.
Aggrey Madoi will not recover in time for this clash, the coach confirmed but there still remains a wide pool of players to select from.
With just hours to the game, the Eastern Giants are brimming in confidence, saying that the time to win again has come and that the stakes are high that we shall.
“We have prepared the boys very well to see that we can have a good game and possibly win it,” coach Simeon Masaba said.
“The boys are in good spirits and they have been training well.”
“We haven’t won any matches in the second round but we still have three matches to go.”
“So we can still win starting tomorrow. It’s possible and I believe we are going to win.”
“We expect to win this game,” Vicent Zziwa said.
“Basing on the training sessions we have got, every player is in good shape and set to play.”
“We haven’t won a game since the second round began but our heads are still up. We expect and believe we shall win tomorrow’s game.”
Head to Head
P20 W4 D7 L9
It’s 20 meetings between the two teams, resulting into four wins for BUL, nine for KCCA and seven draws.
Last four encounters
December 13, 2022
BUL FC 1-1 KCCA
April 20, 2022
BUL FC 1-1 KCCA
December 01, 2021
KCCA FC 3-1 BUL FC
April 02, 2021
KCCA FC 3-0 BUL FC
- BUL have collected eleven points from 12 away matches as a result of two wins and five draws as well as losses, scoring eleven goals and conceding twelve in the process.
- Although the Eastern Giants have gone 11 games without a win, they are unbeaten in their previous four matches – keeping clean sheets in two.
- They are also unbeaten in their past two meetings with KCCA, drawing 1-1 in April and December 2022.
- However, they last beat KCCA in early February 2021 in a 2-1 victory at Kyabazinga stadium.
- KCCA have won eight and drawn four games out of their 12 home matches this campaign, the second best home record in the division.
- On that course, they have scored 27 goals and leaked 13, earning 28 points in return.
- They are also unbeaten in their previous four meetings with BUL, winning and drawing two games apiece.
- But the Kasasiro boys have however not won in their past three outings, drawing two and losing one.
The game action will be live on television. Alternatively, follow our social media channels for the text commentary from the off.
Facebook: Bul Football Club – Jinja