BUL moved back to the top of the Uganda premier league after beating Express 2-0 to extend their unbeaten run to four games. Abbey Kikomeko’s men are now on 46 points, one ahead of Vipers SC in second.
It was a brilliant evening for Ibrahim Orit as he opened his account at BUL with a brace on Saturday, scoring in either half of the game at FUFA Technical Centre to secure all the three points for the Eastern Giants who made back-to-back home wins in the league.

The writing was on the wall that the visitors would be in for a long tormenting evening as the Eastern Giants made the territorial advantage count from the off with a flood of chances.
First, Nicholas Mwere started a move when he danced through on the left, Alex Kitata then continued his run into the box to finish the left back’s low delivery a cross goal but his contact on the ball was not enough to find the target.

Ibrahim Mugulusi then had a go himself, chesting down near the area, and dispatching a half volley off his preferred left boot before Reagan Kalyowa created arguably one of the best opportunities of the first half. He strode out of midfield and shrugged off pressure from Dauson Mafumu and Isa Lumu, the nimble footed youngster arrived in the box, creating a one-on-one situation, however Abubaker Yunus was quick off his line and was able to close down and deny BUL’s winger.

BUL remained on the front foot though, and a few moments later, the Eastern Giants found a break through via Ibrahim Orit. Ibrahim Mugulusi threaded back to Nicholas Mwere who whipped in to pick Orit in the box, with the goal in his back, Orit spun around Mafumu before hitting the ball with his right foot and past Abubaker to give BUL a halftime lead on 17 minutes.

In a sign of intent after the break, Kalyowa twisted and turned away from the defenders on the left and linked up with Mwere who charged down the line but the Red Eagles recovered just in time to block the cross and the resulting corner came to nothing,
Soon afterwards, Jerome Kirya also called the visiting goalkeeper into action with a thunderous shot from distance.

It was all BUL now as the dominance seemed to knock the fight out of the visitors. Orit then got a second for the team and a double for himself when he latched on to a pass from substitute Martin Aprem and swerved it into the net to seal the victory with sixteen minutes left on the clock.

The Red Eagles almost pulled one back in the 86th minute when Safi Mansoor received a pass from Edgar Katumba but Tom Ikara saved to keep his clean sheet intact.

That sort of energy from the visitors didn’t last long and the Eastern Giants were able to see out the remainder of the game without giving them a sniff of a way back in. There was no further impact on the score line, despite substitute Amos Kirya hitting the bar with header in the additional minutes.
BUL’s next league assignment will come on Wednesday next week against NEC at Lugogo.

Starting XI:
Tom Ikara (GK), Ronald Otti, Nicholas Mwere (Emmanuel Obua 90+1’), Walter Ochora, Ibrahim Orit, Ibrahim Mugulusi (Martin Aprem 58’), Jerome Kirya (Ibrahim Kazindula 82’), Pascal Ngobi, Hillary Onek, Reagan Kalyowa (Amos Kirya 82’), Alex Kitata (Joel Madondo 82’).

Unused substitutes:
George Kasonko, Gerald Ogweti, Joel Mutakubwa, Benon Tahomera.