BUL FC drew 0-0 with Maroons in Friday’s Uganda premier league clash at Luzira play grounds. The result saw us move to 38 points after 18 games.

It was a game that went back and forth with both sides enjoying spells on top, although neither could pile enough pressure to scratch a breakthrough goal.
The game was not notable for many chances as there was almost nothing to shout about in the opening thirty five minutes.

It took until around 37 minutes for the first chance of the game to arrive, and the hosts should have registered at least a shot on target when Abraham Tusubira Kakensa went behind our defense.

Despite having acres of space available for him to work through, the forward agonizingly chose to shoot wide from the edge of the box before Lawrence Tezikya thrashed his free kick into the hands of Hannington Ssebwalunyo five minutes to the break.

After the interval, BUL began the second half the quicker side as they committed more bodies in the opposition half following the introduction of new signing Ibrahim Orit.

They began to play with purpose and precision, and nearly broke the deadlock.

A flicked searching header found an advancing Pascal Ngobi but the goalkeeper produced an excellent save to deny the midfielder.

While the Eastern Giants were on top, Abbey Kikomeko’s men somehow struggled to create many chances although a few efforts were snuffed out by Maroons defenders.

On the hour mark, Ronald Otti thought he had given BUL the lead when he swerved in a hard one from inside the box but the goal was cancelled out by the referee citing a hand ball in the build up. Martin Aprem and George Kasonko’s efforts had initially been poorly cleared following a dangerous delivery by Hillary Onek from the right channel.

BUL went close again ten minutes later just that they could not beat Ssebwalunyo in Maroons goal. Substitute Orit took it on himself and split the midfield with a crafty move before playing into space for Onek to chase, however, the latter’s inviting cross was gloved away by the outstanding net minder.

As the game entered its evening stage, the hosts tried to come out of their shells but also failed to utilize their occasional raids thus the two teams settling for a point each.

The Eastern Giants will immediately begin preparations for next week’s encounter against SC Villa at FUFA technical center.

Starting XI:

Tom Ikara (GK), Hillary Onek, Emmanuel Obua, Walter Ochora, Ronald Otti, Pascal Ngobi, George Kasonko, Jerome Kirya (Ibrahim Mugulusi 74’), Lawrence Tezikya (Joel Madondo 90+1’), Martin Aprem (Shafiq Kwikiriza 74’), Gerald Ogweti (Ibrahim Orit 45’).

Unused substitutes:

Joel Mutakubwa (GK), Ibrahim Kazindula, Mathew Odongo Tayo, Benon Tahomera, Amos Kirya.