Points were shared at Kyabazinga stadium on Wednesday evening following a one all draw with KCCA FC.

Ibrahim Nsimbe scored a beauty for BUL FC on 56 minutes but Davis Kasirye’s late equaliser denied us the maximum points.

BUL FC players celebrating Ibrahim Nsimbe’s goal

Both sides started brightly, drawing cheers from the stands even when much action was in the midfield as both sides battled to create in roads at either ends. But to say the least, chances in the first half were few and far in between.

KCCA’s Herbert Achai delivered two successive corners from the left but they were well dealt with by the Eastern Giants who took no prisoner.

An outswing on the second minute was met by Richard Wandyaka but his clearance rolled out for another corner, and desperate for an early goal, Achai found Arafat Usama in the box with the latter’s header traveling far and wide.

A few moments later, Innocent Wafula went behind Richard Ayiko and then sent in a fierce shot that Emmanuel Kalyowa first fumbled with before Walter Ochora made a good clearance.

It was then time for KCCA to feel the heat as the Eastern Giants moved through the gears and they almost took the lead on twenty minutes.

BUL FC starting X1 against KCCA

Jerome Kirya played a give and go with Umar Mukobe and the former produced a strong shot with his right foot from near the box but his effort was deflected for a corner.

BUL received another chance on 38 minutes when Ibrahim Nsimbe skipped his marker on the edge of the area; a tricky shot was driven into the ground but direct to Benjamin Ochan in KCCA’s goal.

Two minutes later, Kirya had another attempt from range only for it to miss the target.

The game had tempers high and saw the first booking make its way to Ayiko on just twenty eight minutes for a shove on Rogers Mato before Hillary Onek was also issued a yellow card after helping Denis Iguma to the ground as the first half ended goalless.

BUL’s first opportunity of the second half however came when Onek broke down the right-hand flank and delivered a dangerous ball into the area which Nsimbe connected well with from inside the area but Ochan stood tall.

Ibrahim Mugulusi in action today against KCCA

KCCA would thereafter come close to unlocking the deadlock following a counter attack on fifty minutes.

Davis Kasirye’s shot was parried wide by Kalyowa, and a few seconds later, Hassan Juruwa’s header rattled the bar before it was kicked away.

The visitors didn’t close their door as on 56 minutes, BUL put themselves ahead. A cross from Onek on the right was brushed into the path of Nsimbe who took a shot into the net for an opener.

But a chance opened up for the Kasasiro boys as well nine minutes later.

Denis Iguma tried a shot from outside the box and the ball was saved by Kalyowa, but it was far from safety as Mato brought in a rebound that the goalkeeper blocked again before the ball was cleared.

The away side continued to work out for an equaliser and their efforts were finally rewarded eleven minutes from time when Kasirye scored to rescue a point for his side.

The result leaves BUL in their third place but with 45 points after 26 games. Focus now turns to Uganda cup where they play away to SC Villa in the quarter finals on Monday next week at Fufa Technical Center.


  1. Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website?

    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this
    your broadcast offered bright clear concept

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *