BUL received three red cards in an eventful and mischievous game on Tuesday but came back with a point following a show of resilience and defiance against Express. It is now 25 points for the Eastern Giants who continue to swing their legs from the top of the table after ten matches.

Defensive stalwarts – Benon Tahomera and Walter Ochora, and assistant coach Simeon Masaba all saw red in the space of eleven minutes at the rain soaked and soggy Wankulukuku. The trio were dismissed by professional referee Ssemeere Asaduh in the second half.

The game was delayed by twenty minutes and did not kick off at 4pm prompt as scheduled due to the heavy down pour in Kampala.

But when it began, BUL immediately went on the front foot and drew the first blood as a result of a free kick near the area. Nicholas Mwere was able to poke the ball through the legs of the wall seven minutes in. Goalkeeper Abdul Kimera had a hand on his effort but it was too weak to stop the ball from finding the back of the net.

BUL sustained the pressure, and came close to scoring a second midway the first half. Alex Kitata was just unlucky to rattle the underside of the bar from close range off an inviting cross from Jerome Kirya.

Express however managed to briefly get some breathing space and used the chance to fly in a long ball into the visitors’ box as the game progressed. It was initially cleared but not far, Mwere reacted swiftly to arrest the danger but was adjudged to have fouled Wasswa in the process and the referee gave a penalty to the hosts on the stroke of halftime.

Isaac Wagoina kept his cool and calmly curled the ball low and beyond Tom Ikara’s reach to force the game level into the break.

With the Eastern Giants in complete control after the restart, the game was thrown into shambles when Benon Tahomera was brandished a second yellow card and then sent off for a not intentional miscellaneous touch on Timothy Senfuma three minutes off the hour mark.

BUL’s rearguard stood firm but they suffered another blow when Walter Ochora was also given his marching orders for a second booking, leaving the team with nine men on the pitch. Coach Masaba followed suit on 74 minutes.

Despite holding two players advantage, the red eagles remained feather weight as they failed to beat a makeshift defense and Ikara in goal. Instead it was Gerald Ogweti who almost won it all for Kikomeko’s men with fourteen minutes left to play.

He left his marker floored and stung the gloves of Kimera with a scorcher but Mbazira cleared their lines before the striker arrived for the spills.

BUL will host NEC in their next league action on 10th December at FUFA technical centre in Njeru.

Starting XI:

Tom Ikara(GK), Hillary Onek, Nicholas Mwere, Walter Ochora, Benon Tahomera,George Kasonko, Douglas Muganga, Jerome Kirya, Shafiq Kwikiriza (Gerald Ogweti 45’), Alex Kitata (Emmanuel Obua), Martin Aprem (Lawrence Tezikya 58’)

Unused substitutes:

John Okuruti(GK),Edrine Opaala, Allan Kigundu, Ibrahim Mugulusi, Vicent Zziwa, Richard Ayiko, Mathew Odong, Reagan Kalyowa, Samuel Ssekamatte.