Sunday 10th October 2023
Uganda Premier League
FUFA Technical Centre
BUL FC Vs NEC FC
BUL FC is back at home after playing two uninterrupted games at rival territories, and we host NEC FC for Sunday afternoon’s tie at FUFA Technical Centre with kick off set at 3pm.
Our last appearance at the fortress occurred in the past month when we beat Kitara FC 2-1.
Abbey Kikomeko’s men are unbeaten in four home games this season but were compelled to sweat blood four days ago away from home as they played out a 1-1 draw at Express, and there can never be a better place that can oil us back to winning ways than FUFA technical centre.
Sunday’s action just provides the chance to reawaken the giant in us as we bid to relaunch our winning machinery.
Eight wins, one draw and a loss apiece have produced 25 points for the Eastern giants, two points ahead of Vipers SC in second place.
Our opponents currently sit in the third position with 19 points after winning six games, drawing one and losing three in ten matches.
They come into this one on the back of a 2-0 win over URA FC.
This will be the first meeting between the two teams.
Head coach Abbey Kikomeko Bogere has confirmed that apart from the suspended duo of Benon Tahomera and Walter Ochora, and the injured midfielder Pascal Ngobi, the rest of the players are available and ready to feature.
“NEC is not a simple team despite being new in the league. They have been performing very well since the season started. They have mature players but that is not going to be a test for us,” Kikomeko said.
“We have so far played better teams than them much as we have been having some few problems here and there that we have been handling and I think now that we are at home; we shall put in whatever is needed to get the maximum points.”
Defender Ronald Otti said that even if NEC has been playing well and has experienced players, BUL will handle them the way they will come because they are well prepared.
- BUL have won eight of their past ten games, including all four home matches this season, scored sixteen goals (16) and conceded six in the process with a count of 25 points.
- From the ten matches, they have managed five clean sheets, against – Bright Stars, KCCA FC, Maroons, URA FC and Wakiso Giants.
- The Eastern Giants are still unbeaten and the most inform home side in the division after picking a maximum of twelve points in four games at FUFA Technical Centre with one goal conceded. They have scored seven goals during the run.
- Following their win against Kitara in November, BUL’s unbeaten streak was stretched to seven games – going back to April last season.
- They have failed to score in only one game this term – the 2-0 defeat at UPDF and it is the only time they have conceded as many goals in a game.
- NEC have won six of their ten matches this season, lost three and drawn one. In the process, they have scored fourteen goals and conceded eight.
- They have also won three games and lost two of their five away games. They lost against SC Villa (3-0) and Kitara (1-0). They won against Mbarara City (1-0), KCCA FC (2-0) and Maroons (1-0).
- Hussein Mbalangu’s side has scored and conceded four goals in equal shares on the road.
- They have so far kept six clean sheets altogether.
- But they have failed to score in three games this campaign – against SC Villa, Gaddafi FC and Kitara. They lost all of them.
Referee Olemu George will take charge of the match from the centre. Oriada Hakim and Kateregga Ashiraf will deputize him as the first and second assistant referee respectively. Atuhairwe Joyce will be the fourth official while Kizito Rahuman will serve as the referee assessor.
Although the game will be televised, our social media channels will relay minute to minute text commentary during play time. A match report and highlights will follow shortly.
Facebook: Bul Football Club – Jinja
You Tube: BUL FC TV