• Richard Wandyaka on scoresheet
  • Heavy rain forced match-day officials to call off the game on Saturday
  • The final 30 minutes of the game were played on Sunday morning
  • BUL’s next outing is away to Kitara in Masindi
BUL’s striker Ojok tussles out with Mbarara defender

Our game with Mbarara City was finally played out to completion on Sunday at Kyabazinga stadium with the match ending in a one all draw.

First half goals from Richard Wandyaka for the Eastern Giants and Jude Semugabi for the Ankole Lions saw the spoils shared.

The Ankole Lions created the first chances of the game on Saturday as Jude Semugabi stung the palms of Abdul Kimera with a thunderous effort to earn a corner, and within a blink of an eye, Derrick Onyai almost grabbed the opener for them inside the opening eight minutes but his low shot from inside the box was cleared off the line by Kenneth Semakula, then Abdul Karim failed to find target with a free header off Innocent Wafula in swinging ball from a corner kick on the right two minutes later.

Head Coach Alex Isabirye critically following the game

As time went by, the Eastern Giants grew into the game more and started to pose a real threat. Deogracious Ojok raced down on the left, beat City’s rearguards before losing his balance and the ball being heroically grabbed by Martin Elungat.

Musa Esenu glanced his header just wide of the visitor’s goal on sixteen minutes, and thereafter, Dennis Okot arrowed an effort past the post shortly before Mbarara City found the breakthrough. 

A loose ball from Semakula inside the box fell to Semugabi whose low shot found the right corner of the net from 15-yards with 20 minutes on the clock. 

The first change of the game came five minutes off the half hour mark. Livingstone Mbabazi swapped the injured John Adriko for the fresh legs of Swalik Bebe Segujja and his opposite in the BUL FC dugout, Alex Isabirye, replaced Ojok with Martin Aprem four minutes to the halftime break.

Mbabazi’s side were unable to hold on to their narrow advantage as BUL’s persistent pressure paid dividends, Richard Wandyaka met Robert Mukongotya’s free kick in the 44th minute to level the scores with a fine header past Elungat.

Shortly after the restart, a heavy downpour befell Jinja city and the center referee, and with consensus of both teams, decided the game be stopped until the stormy conditions calmed down with an hour played out.

Indeed, rain stopped ten minutes to 6:00PM but, the rain socked Kyabazinga stadium was unplayable, prompting match officials led by match assessor Catherine Adipo and fourth official Ronald Madanda to advise that the game be finished on Sunday at 11am, it started earlier though.

The second goal was to be crucial and BUL came so close to finding it shortly after the game resumption. 

Simon Oketch was clearly brought down in the 18yard box. With the youngster destined to direct the ball to the net, the referee chose not to award the team a deserved penalty.

As full-time approached, Aprem came close yet again as he received a pass and lined-up his shot before blasting it straight to the goalkeeper and match ended 1-1.

The result sees BUL FC stay 9th on the UPL table on 26 points as they look ahead to Tuesday’s match away to Kitara FC.

Starting XI

Abdul Kimera, Dennis Okot, Fredrick Kigozi, Walter Ochora, Kenneth Semakula, Godfrey Akol, Richard Wandyaka, Simon Peter Oketch, Musa Esenu, Deogracious Ojok, Robert Mukongotya


Sanon Mulabi (GK), Jimmy Kulaba, Charles Sempa, Aggrey Madoi, Anwar Ntege, Aprem Martin, Thomas Kabale


  1. Hello, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, fantastic

  2. Wow, amazing weblog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for?

    you make running a blog look easy. The entire glance of your site is excellent, as smartly as the content!
    You can see similar here najlepszy sklep

Comments are closed.