MATCH PREVIEW: BUL FC RULE OUT SHARING POINTS WITH PURPLE SHARKS
MATCH: BUL FC Vs WAKISO GIANTS
LEAGUE: Uganda Premier League
DATE: Saturday March 6, 2021
VENUE: Kyabazinga Stadium – Bugembe @4PM
*Note: Fans registration for seasonal tickets is ongoing at the club offices
Reborn BUL FC will take on Wakiso Giants this Saturday at Kyabazinga stadium in the Uganda Premier League.
This will be the third meeting between the two sides in the league since the Purple Sharks gained promotion, with the Eastern Giants boasting with one victory and a draw from their two previous clashes.
BUL FC are positioned in 10th place and Wakiso Giants in 11th on the UPL table with 13 and 12 points respectively.
The Arthur Kyesimira tutored team have convincingly won two games on the bounce and will desperately seek to maintain that run and play for all three points on Saturday albeit the visitors managing a league high nine draws this season.
Keneth Ssemakula, Davis Mutebi and Ambrose Kirya are out of this tie.
The clash has also come too soon for Peter Onzima (groin) and Abdul Malik Vitalis Tabu (toe) who are still on the recovery course from injuries.
Joseph Ssemujju will be assessed if fit to play despite sitting out of Onduparaka match with ankle pain.
What coach said?
“We have really prepared very well ahead our next engagement against Wakiso Giants FC because we want to get maximum points. We shall not take the game for granted because even our opponents are not seated they will want to make revenge.” Dan Mubiru Assistant head coach
- BUL FC have not lost to Wakiso Giants in UPL, winning one and drawing one of their only two meetings since the visitors earned promotion to the topflight league.
- BUL FC have won two, drawn one and lost two home games this season (W2 D1 L2)
- BUL FC have scored eight and conceded ten goals in five home games.
- BUL FC have not lost a home game this season they have scored in before the half time break (W2 D1) (2-1 KCCA FC, 4-1 MYDA, 2-2 SC Villa).
- BUL FC have failed to score in only two home games – against Express and URA FC.
- The Eastern giants have not yet kept a clean sheet at home
- Wakiso Giants have won one and lost on one occasion away from home, and that was against Mbarara City and Express respectively.
- They have drawn three out of five away games.
- The visitors have scored two and conceded four goals on the road but, they have never scored against BUL FC.
HEAD TO HEAD
January 29, 2020
BUL FC 0-0 Wakiso Giants
September 14, 2019
Wakiso Giants 0-1 BUL FC
HOME FORM THIS SEASON
BUL FC 2-2 SC Villa
BUL FC 0-2 URA
BUL FC 2-1 KCCA FC
BUL FC 0-4 Express FC
BUL FC 4-1 MYDA FC
WAKISO GIANTS’ AWAY FORM
December 4, 2020
Police FC 0-0 Wakiso Giants
December 15, 2020
Onduparaka 1-1 Wakiso Giants
February 12, 2021
Mbarara City 0-1 Wakiso Giants
February 20, 2021
URA FC 0-0 Wakiso Giants
February 26, 2021
Express FC 3-0 Wakiso Giants
BUL FC. WAKISO GIANTS
11. Games. 11
4. Won. 1
1. Drawn. 9
6. Lost. 1
13. Goals. 12
17. Against. 14
1. Clean Sheets 3
BUL FC LEADING GOAL SCORERS
Joseph Ssemujju. 5
Musa. Esenu. 3
Anwar. Ntege. 2
Richard Wandyaka. 1
Robert Mukongotya. 1
Our team and the pride of Busoga pull up ur stock’s please